September 24, 2021: Introducing the New Project Manager and New Authoring Environment!
We have redesigned Projects
within the Spaces to make it easier to find all items related to your medical device.
This update makes it even easier to manage your projects. You can read more about the changes including key changes and updates in our latest blog post
Below are the changes to the Projects that will help optimize your workflow:
- New Project Overview: Get a quick snapshot of the project status, section status, and the Activity Feed.
- Project Sections: This is the new screen from where you can access the authoring environment as well as view the collaborators and section completion percentage. You can also add a new section to the project from this screen.
- Files: View, search, and manage files uploaded to the project from this screen - we have also added Document Type so you can easily filter files based on the type of document uploaded to the project. The new filters added on this screen help you find the right file faster.
- Version: View all the current and past versions for your project, duplicate a version and restore an older version.
- Team: View all the team members who have access to the project and invite new team members to the project. We have completely overhauled the process to invite team members to the project. We have drastically reduced the number of steps and the amount of time needed to share the project with team members. You no longer need to add the user to the Account to invite them to the project.
- To invite a new team member to the project:
- Navigate to "Team" within the Project and hit "+ Share" on the top-right
- Add the team member's email
- Change "No Access" to "Can Access" in the dropdown
- Hit "Share"
- The team member you invited will receive an email from Essenvia and they can follow the steps in the email to create an Essenvia account and access the Project
This release also introduces a new way to access the Authoring Sections
. This change helps you focus on the specific section you are working on and dramatically improves the loading time so that you can spend more time working on the sections and less time waiting on the authoring environment to load.
You will still be able to continue using the same editing, formatting, and collaboration features for sections. To access the authoring environment for a particular section in the project, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Project within Essenvia
- Hit "Sections" on the top navigation menu
- Click on the section you would like to open
The sub-sections are still available on the left-hand side while authoring a section. You can move sub-sections within a section by dragging and dropping the sub-sections on the left-hand side just like before. To add new sub-sections, click on the "+" icon within the authoring environment and choose "Subheading" from the menu.
We have added the number of collaborators, number of projects as well as the last time you visited the space on the dashboard so you get a birds-eye view of all the Spaces
within your Essenvia account.
Understanding Sections All Projects in Essenvia are a collection of sections (documents) created from templates. A template used for a Project becomes a section and can then be updated as per the specific regulatory requirements based on the type of ...
November 22, 2021: Virtual Assistant for Master Information, embed a project as a section and more.
Virtual Assistant for Master Information We have added a virtual assistant to Master Information similar to the authoring environment. The virtual assistant provides contextual tips and best practices to populate the section you are working on. To ...
Add Team Members or Users to a Project
With our latest update, you can now invite a new team member into both your Essenvia account and current project at the same time by following these steps: Click on the "Team" tab at the top of your Project Manager dashboard Click the blue "Share" ...
Add Team Members or Users to Section(s) within a Project
Project owners and editors can share a Section with Project team members for collaboration. If you would like to invite users to the Project, follow the steps provided here. Essenvia provides different levels of access for a Section: viewing, ...
Regulatory Document authoring on Essenvia is made specifically to streamline and comply with requirements for regulatory authorities. Document authoring on Essenvia is designed at three levels: 1. Projects 2. Sections and Sub-Sections 3. Text area ...